Lancini Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 097 841 159. The companies that comprise of Lancini Group (we, us, our)
demonstrates that commitment by disclosing the ways in which we collect, handle and protect any
information of a personal nature which we may have about you.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you that identifies you or through which your
identity can be reasonably established. Examples of personal information include your name, signature,
address, date of birth and any commentary or opinion about you.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the
products and services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
Whose personal information we collect
We may collect and hold information including (but not limited to) personal information about:-
- tenants and purchasers, potential tenants and purchasers, business associates and their employees;
- visitors to our website;
- job applicants;
- suppliers and their employees;
- people who elect to receive our mailing lists; and
- others we come into contact with.
What personal information we collect
The personal information we collect and hold may include:-
- full name;
- telephone numbers (including home, work and mobile);
- facsimile numbers;
- email addresses;
- occupation of people and the industry they work in.
How we collect personal information
While we will usually collect information directly from you, personal information may be collected from you
in a number of different ways including:-
- face-to-face meetings;
- telephone conversations;
- the documentation provided to us;
- business cards;
- our website;
- emails and written correspondence that you send us;
- our mailing lists;
- third parties, for example, a credit reporting agency;
- your representatives; and
- from publicly available sources.
If you supply us with information about another person, you should ensure you are authorised to do so.
You must inform that person who we are, that we will use and disclose their personal information as
information that we hold about them.
If you have referred us to third parties to obtain personal and other information about you we will assume,
and you must ensure, that the third party is aware that you have referred us to them and of the purposes
involved in the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to deal with your requests, to provide our
products and services to you, to develop and promote our products and services, and to assist us with
complying with our legal and regulatory obligations. This includes:-
- providing the services that you have requested from us;
- administering and managing those services including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- conducting appropriate checks for credit-worthiness where you have applied for credit;
- communicating with you;
- enabling our related entities to assist you with related services as required;
- researching, developing and enhancing our services;
- maintaining and developing our business systems; and
- complying with our legal obligations.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional material from us, please telephone us on
telephone 07 3250 0500 and we will remove your details from our mailing list. Alternatively, you can send
your request in writing to us addressed to Lancini Property Group, PO Box 3209 Newstead, Qld, 4006.
As well as using your personal information for the primary purposes for which you provided it to us, we
may also use the information for related secondary purposes, although we will endeavour to contact you
for your express consent should the secondary purpose be one which we consider you may not
reasonably expect. Examples of related secondary purposes include:-
- insurance purposes;
- exchanging information with a subsidiary entity and our agencies;
- quality assurance purposes; and
- other related purposes.
We may share, use and disclose your personal information within the companies that comprise of the
Lancini Group for the purposes described above. The particular companies that may receive your
personal information may depend on which company in the Lancini Group you do business with, or what
product or service you are receiving.
Disclosure of your personal information
The people/organisations to which we disclose your personal information to may include:-
- our staff members;
- credit reporting agencies;
- contractors and outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including:-
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- market research organisations; and
- debt-recovery agencies;
- your authorised representatives;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, and auditors;
- government and regulatory authorities and other similar organisations, as required or authorised by
- our related entities; and
- the joint ventures we are involved in, which includes the Fairfield Central Shopping Centre joint
venture involving Landel Pty. Ltd. ACN 010 889 193 as trustee for the Lancini Family Discretionary
Trust and Fairfield Land Pty Ltd ACN 070 431 220.
- Please note that we do not sell or give our databases or mailing lists to any third parties.
Changes and access to your personal information
We are committed to keeping our records up-to-date and we encourage you to tell us when your details
(such as your telephone number, address or name) change.
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you if you wish to do so. If we are
unable to provide you with access, we will explain why. We also reserve our rights to charge a fee for
searching for and providing access to your information.
Security of your personal information
We are committed to protecting your personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised
access, modification and disclosure, and will take reasonable steps to do so.
Where we engage a third-party service provider, we will make sure that appropriate data handling and
security arrangements are in place.
Disposal and destruction of your personal information
If we no longer need or are no longer required to hold your personal information, we may destroy or
permanently de-identify that information, without further notice to you.
‘Sensitive information’ is a specific type of personal information, including information about your health,
race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious
or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
Australian privacy legislation imposes great obligations on us regarding any collection, use or disclosure
we make of your sensitive information.
Usually, we do not collect sensitive information. If for some reason we do need to collect your sensitive
information, we will only collect it if:-
- you have expressly consented to us doing so;
- we are required to do so by law; or
- the collection is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Changes to this policy
From time to time, it may become necessary for us to review or amend this policy. Any changes will be
made as and when required, and we will advise you of any changes by posting an updated version of our
policy on our website, www.lancinigroup.com.au. An up-to-date copy of this policy will be available in hard
copy at all times at each of our offices.
Contact Us and Complaints
If you would like more information about the way we manage personal information that we hold about
you, or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please
contact us on one of the following methods:-
Mail Lancini Group, PO Box 7315, Garbutt, Qld, 4814
Phone 07 4753 5500
Fax 07 4753 5529
We will do our best to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, and in any event, aim to respond to
you within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer the matter
to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Mail GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Phone 1300 363 992
Fax 02 9284 9666
Use of our website and email system
In addition to the above provisions, the following additional provisions apply to your use of our website.
Automatic collection of your personal information
When you visit our website, our Internet Service Provider automatically records the following information
about you for statistical purposes:-
- your server address;
- the website you visited immediately prior to ours;
- your domain name;
- date and time of your visit to our website;
- pages you accessed and the information or documents you downloaded; and
- type of browser you used.
We encourage the use of email communication to increase efficiency in communications. Emails sent to
or by us are routinely monitored by our information technology staff for systems administration, quality
control and compliance purposes.
We will only record your email address if you send an email to us. Email enquiries will be passed to the
most appropriate staff member, who will be asked to respond to you directly